Thank you for being thankful and sharing your thoughts with me, it made me teary just reading some of them and made me think about what I have as opposed to what i don't and to appreciate those who make me smile and not worry about those who don't.
This is the second time I have made banana bread, first time was not so good, this time....success.
Let me know if you try it, it's somewhat healthier than usual.
- 2 eggs
- 250g (1 cup + 1 tablespoon) caster sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 medium overripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- dash of milk or cream
- 100g crushed* walnuts
- 270g (1 3/4 cups) self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 50g (1/2 cup) crushed* walnuts
- preheat oven to 160C, grease and line a loaf tin, I used 26cm, with baking paper
- beat the sugar and eggs on high until pale and thick, reduce speed and gradually add the vegetable oil
- add a dash of milk or cream to the sour cream to thin it and add to the egg mixture along with the mashed bananas and beat until just combined
- sift in the flour, bicarb soda and spices and add the walnuts and beat only until combined
- pour into prepared pan
- make topping by mixing crushed nuts and brown sugar together then sprinkle on top of batter
- bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
* I just slightly crush them with my hands